Monday, August 2, 2010

Purple Thumb

Yesterday G and I moved into our fancy new digs with the heroic efforts of some incredible men. There was sweat. There was blood. But thankfully, there were no tears. We are so lucky to have such generous and strong bodied/spirited friends. I think everyone walked away last night with at least one battle wound from being on the front lines all day. My favorite from my own wounds is what is now turning into a purple thumb - be careful in your choice of a heavy lifting partner when moving a couch that will need extra work getting through a door. We will definitely be throwing a party in their honor. Just as soon as we dig ourselves out from under all of these boxes!

Today was a whirlwind of tying up final details in the old places, getting cable and internet set up, starting the unpacking process. Tomorrow will be more of the same. But I wanted to take a few minutes before a night of blissful sleep to post some photos of a time before purple thumbs and bruised thighs. When frolicking on piles of lumber was the most adventurous part of a day.













My little concrete structure was special to me. Two days later the lumber was replaced with concrete slabs and lots of caution tape. I really wanted to climb all over that too, but there was just no time with the move. Next time.

Sunnies: Target
Jean Blazer: H&M
Dress: H&M
Belt: Came with another top
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Bag: Vintage

No comments: