Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow, Snow, Go Away!

Snowy days are meant for cozy clothes, cozy couches, cozy hot chocolate, and cozy books. In short, you're meant to be warm and cozy on a day such as today. Unfortunately, I was stuck in an office in front of computer for more hours than I would have liked, although in an admittedly very cozy outfit at least. So when I finally got home this evening, I decided to replicate the sort of day I wished I'd had. It was lovely even if it only lasted a short while. Now, I need all of this snow to be cleared up quickly, as I have a long day on the road ahead of me again tomorrow!
In case it wasn't abundantly obvious, I was stuck taking my own pictures again tonight. But it's good practice for me. I will choose to view this as an opportunity to learn and improve, rather than sulk and complain.

Cardigan: Mossimo (Target)
Striped Sweater: H&M
Maxi Dress: Sparkle & Fade (Urban Outfitters)
Fishy Necklace: Vintage (eBay)
Tights: Target
Cozy Book: Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer (highly recommended)

3 comments:

Jen HaHA said...

I started reading Everything is Illuminated a couple of years back but had to return it to the library and haven't checked it out again since. I saw the movie first which helped me follow along better. I bought Extremely Loud and Incredibly Closewhich I did finish. Have you read that one of his?

Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

Emerald said...

Don't you look comfortable! The only thing snowy days are good for is crawling under covers. Love your dress!

Elizabeth said...

I have not read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I think I will have to do so, because Everything is Illuminated is really great. The first couple of chapters are tough to get through, but once you get past those, the story makes more sense and flows really well. You should definitely give it a second shot!

exoh,
Elizabeth