Friday, February 25, 2011

Deja Vu (Not the Strip Club)

You may be looking at this outfit and saying, "But Elizabeth, haven't we seen this outfit already?" to which, I will say "No!" Well...okay...maybe you sort of have. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday outfits were all lost to Life and Weather (I think that brings my total of lost 30 for 30 outfits up to 6!). The return of the cold weather and and all of the snow that the sun had worked so hard to melt, has completely fuddled my brain, I think. When I got dressed on Tuesday morning I thought I was putting on a totally unique (admittedly simple and cozy) outfit. It wasn't until we were in the middle of taking pictures that I realized it was eerily similar to this outfit. Sigh. BUT! It is not the same! I will list the differences for you.

1. Grey Shirt vs. Black Sweater
2. Purple Patent Belt vs. White/Grey Patterned Belt
3. Purple Plaid Scarf vs. Frothy White Necklace
4. Short Relatively Tamed Hair vs. Long Wild Hair
5. Crisp Outdoor Photos vs. Blurry Indoor Photos

See! It's a complete REMIX! It just looks like the same outfit. I mean really, I think I should be able to wear every outfit again, just with my new hair and call it a Remix. Right? Okay, fine. I'll do better next time. I promise.

Yesterday Kendi posted about how she hates winter. As I read her post, I simultaneously wanted to yell "Amen, Sister!" and punch her in the face. Because in this very post she is baring her gorgeous gams in the Texas sun, while I'm spending half an hour digging my car out of it's parking spot and crouching in the snow like a little Winter Buddha. This is Winter. And I am so Over It.

Don't give up little grass!

Sweater: BDG (Urban Outfitters)
Top: Mossimo (Target)
Trousers: Merona (Target)
Scarf: Clothing Exchange
Belt: H&M
Serious Business Snow Boots: R2 (Macy's)

3 comments:

Kinsey said...

I'm loving that sweater! Winter is really putting a damper on my 30 for 30 as well!

Monica said...

I love how your sweater is keeping your hands toasty! Thats the best feature in a cardigan/sweater... long sleeves. Enough of my rambling, I like the print on this sweater and love the itsy bitsy belt around your waist! CUTE! oldirtyd.blogspot.com

lingering daydreams said...

Love the outfit! Great photos.