Saturday, February 12, 2011

Interlude

One of my friends from tango brought his camera on Monday night and was playing around with taking pictures during the practica, and he sent this one my way. I think it's a really beautiful photo and I wanted to share. This captures perfectly what I like to call Tango Face. It's the moment of complete serenity as you become lost in your partner and the music and move as one four-legged animal. It's a feeling I think everyone should experience.

In this particular moment, I'm dancing with a friend who I hadn't danced with in ages. We are becoming reacquainted with each other in the dance, and we are actually working quite hard on some things. But I think you can hardly tell that from my face. I've found that the more I let go of my tension in the dance, the better it works. I think this also applies to Life. So that is what I am working on. Letting go. Letting it work.

2 comments:

Jen said...

i totally agree with you! great blog :)

http://nauticalwheelerjewelry.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

Thank you!