Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love or Something Like It

Most years on Valentine's Day, I am on the apathetic to slightly bitter side of emotions. This year, however, I decided to embrace the spirit of Valentine's Day fully. This change has nothing to do with being in a relationship, because I am not. It has more to do with the fact that Life is Good. Last year I vowed to myself that 2010 would be good. It had to be. I needed it to be good more than I needed anything else at that time. And on the whole, it was. There were, of course, the not so great things, but I feel that the good in the past year far out weighed the bad. I finally broke completely free of a toxic relationship. I gained new, positive friendships, and strengthened some already amazing friendships. I got a new, better paying, job. I moved into a new, incredibly fancy apartment that I still haven't quite gotten used to calling my home. I began cooking more for myself and others. I learned that contrary to my own beliefs I actually Love, not hate, cooking. I began working out regularly and taking care of my body. And more important than any and all of that, I began to find some peace and happiness with myself. I admit that I am still searching for some direction (this is one of the goals I'm working on this year), and I still have some ongoing self improvement projects in the works (I will elaborate more on some of these in future posts), but I am in a Good place right now. Life is Good. And so this Valentine's Day, I celebrate my Love of Life, and my Love of Me. And these, I think, are my most important lifelong projects. I hope that you are all in Love right now too. With whatever or whomever that might be.


Dress: Merona (Target)
Sweater: Mossimo (Target)
Tights: Target
Boots: Nine West
Belt: Madewell

2 comments:

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

aww, what a lovely post, and congrats to all of the positive changes in your life. As for your outfit? That dress is gorgeous, love the colour, and it looks great with the lace up boots! LOVEY, that madewell belt too. xx veronika

Elizabeth said...

Thank you! :)