Monday, February 14, 2011

Ode to Big Hair or The Earth is Melting

Sunday, I decided to take these few remaining days of masses of big hair and juice them for everything that they're worth. So I encouraged my hair to it's most natural and wildest tendencies. This was helped by the fact that with the temperature reaching 40 degrees!! I didn't have to wear a hat, thus allowing my hair full freedom and reign to fly wherever it pleased.

This skirt was the last thing that I added to my 30 for 30 wardrobe. I had initially considered leaving the 30th spot open to be filled at a later date if I felt that I needed something while dressing during the Challenge. However, while I was giving my closet a final glance, this sweet little Miss was staring right back at me, reminding me that I have never worn her out of the house after bringing her spectacular purple suede self home from the thrift store. I knew that this would be the perfect opportunity for me to bring her into the fold of my wearable wardrobe and make good use/justify the purchase. I am SO glad that I did. I have so many outfit ideas for this skirt just within the confines of my 30 for 30 wardrobe. So many that I'm actually afraid that I won't be able to get to them all. The problem with my 30 for 30 choices is that they ALL go together. I'm pretty positive that I could wear anything there with anything else, and there just isn't enough time to display all of the amazing combinations. Of course this means that I'll just have to keep remixing them after the Challenge is over. Which probably is the real goal behind this whole thing isn't it? Well Kendi, you win. I will be remixing until the day I die simply out of the fear of never being able to try every combination possible.


As I mentioned earlier, it was so beautiful out. Positively Balmy! As a result, the accumulation of ice and snow that has been covering this corner of the Earth started melting and dripping and dropping and seeping and spreading in puddles all over. It made for wet walks and surprise rain showers when passing under an awning, but it was totally beautiful and worth it. Even the birds and small critters came out to sing and play! One squirrel in particular totally wanted to be my friend. But I didn't have any food to share, so it went digging elsewhere.

Dress as Top: H&M
Skirt: Global Identity (Vintage)
Tights: Target & Marshalls
Shoes: Calvin Klein (Marshalls)
Necklace: Forever 21
Belt: taken from shorts from F21
Bracelet: Gift
Bag: Vintage

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Love the color of the skirts! such a cute outfit!