Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Photographers, Magicians, It's the Same Line of Work

I know. I know what you must be thinking every time you visit my blog. Elizabeth, you're so photogenic! The camera must love you! Where did you learn to pose and smile so effortlessly? Did you go to a special school for it? Were you Valedictorian? Well, my friends, I would love to answer Yes to all of those questions. But if I answered Yes, I would be lying. And as I am not a liar, I will not answer yes. But I will tell you my secret - my photographer is actually a magician. I kid you not. I have absolutely no idea how it happens. He tells me "stand here" and I stand there and then I just kind of fidget around for a while, poking at things with my toes, watching squirrels and birds play, and occasionally asking "are we done yet?" (especially when it's exceedingly cold out). And after a while, he says yes we're done and proceeds to show me all of the amazing photos that he took. And I am amazed each and every time. I am amazed because 1) he has yet again put up with my obnoxious behavior, and slight whining and 2) he has also managed to make me look like a put together human being. I know it's not the camera that's magic, because I've tried to take the pictures on my own, and we all know how that has turned out. It's definitely the photographer. I'm going to try to get him to develop a stage show. I'll even offer to be his Lovely Assistant. I figure I owe him after all.

Today is my Photographer's birthday, so be sure to wish him a Happy one! Also, we'll let you know when we take this magic act on the road and come to a town near you!

Blazer: Gap
Blouse: Tulle (Moxsie)
Trousers: Merona (Target)
Boots: Ecco (Von Maur)
Scarf: Target

2 comments:

Jen said...

love the pants!

http://nauticalwheelerjewelry.blogspot.com/

ChiccaStyle said...

Nice post and you look great!!!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/