Friday, February 11, 2011

The Process

Today, I thought I'd share a small bite of the process involved with taking my photos in these colder months. After finding a location, we'll generally take a few test shots to see how the lighting is before I shed my external layers.

Yes, that is my Michelin Man down coat. And yes, I need it in this weather. Also pictured is my giant work bag. And yes, I need that too.

Thankfully, my photographer always manages to get shots of my most flattering moments. Such as when I'm discarding my warm protective layers.

What can I say, he knows my best side.

Now comes the part where I chin up and pretend that it is not somewhere along the lines of -11 degrees outside, and SMILE...or you know, the closest approximation.

Eventually I gave up and had to put my mittens back on in addition to the hat and scarf that never came off. Sometimes it's just too cold!

After this, we went out for burgers! Very necessary.

Cardigan: BDG (Urban Outfitters)
Dress: H&M
Tights: Target
Belt: Madewell
Shoes: Cooperative (Urban Outfitters)
Hat: Maria Paola Calugi (TJ Maxx)
Scarf: Clothing Exchange
Mittens: Target little girls section
Bag: Target

5 comments:

Jen HaHA said...

Haha! I totally call that style of coat the Michelin Man, too! Love that dress! The color is great and the design is so pretty!
Come check out my 30! Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

Natasha said...

I love this post...so funny..and I totally relate!

I love this outfit...you made is so perfect for the cold weather, and still super cute!
I love the colour mixing.

Be Sure To Enter My Exposed Envy Giveaway!

Elizabeth said...

Girl! You have no idea. There are leggings underneath the tights, socks on top (you can kind of see the blue peeking out in some of the pictures), and a thermal under the dress. And that still wasn't enough!

This weekend has been a real treat though. Temperatures above freezing?! It's like a dream.

exoh,
Elizabeth

Alana said...

LOVE those booties! I also need to get me some grey tights. So cute.

http://ilovedenham.com

mk said...

cute cute cute!! i love all the grey. you're really adorable, i enjoyed perusing your blog!! :)

www.yogaandpencilskirts.blogspot.com