Wednesday, March 2, 2011

*It Means Tango Dance Party

DSCN3408-1

The incredible guilt I felt for creating an almost identical remix for this sweater as a previous outfit, caused me to give the sweater it's own little weekend remix. You've seen Friday's version, when it was taken to Grand Rapids for the Michigan Blogger Meet-up. This is Sunday's version. (I'll post Saturday's as soon as I have the pictures in my grubby little paws.)

Sunday I threw a Birthday Milonga* for my roommate. This means I needed to get dressed in the morning and have that outfit be able to carry me through the entire day of church and running last minute errands to and through the milonga in the evening. There's no rest for the wicked, don't ya know? This means that not only did I do the final weekend remix of the sweater, but this is another two in one post! Hurrah!

DSCN3414
DSCN3419
DSCN3421
DSCN3423
DSCN3427

Despite all of the last minute running around, the milonga* went off without a hitch and we all had a blast. I think the Birthday Girl liked it too.

diecinueve
IMAG0106
IMAG0104
IMAG0105
IMAG0113
IMAG0109

Ever since I started dancing tango, I've shied away from red shoes. I found them very intimidating. They're just so SO. I stuck to the neutrals that I love, black, tan, and metallics all the way. In the past year, I started dabbling in the world of colored tango shoes. Green, purple, pink, they were all suddenly finding a home in my shoe collection. But still no red. Red was still scary. Until I found these beauties. The deep crimson made them so wearable and covet-able. I knew they would be mine. Sunday was their debut and I couldn't be happier with them. Welcome to my feet, Red. It was so nice of you to join the party.

Sweater: BDG (Urban Outfitters)
Dress: Merona (Target)
Belt: Lands End (Sears)
Tights: Merona (Target)
Boots: Ecco (Von Maur)
Bag: Gift from Michigan Blogger Meet-up!
Tango Shoes: Comme il Faut

5 comments:

Natasha said...

That dress looks amazing on you...and I absolutely LOVE that you wore that super bright belt with this outfit. How fun!!

Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

Natasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lula said...

God I looooove that sweater! You look supa fly!

KateLainey said...

Elizabeth, this color and dress are definitely keepers. You look gorgeous!

You're such a sweetheart, I've never heard the term "flowery cupcake" and I will now insist that Zach calls me that. :)

Can't wait to do a post on the new items as well...I see your lovely new bag in the background here!

till later xo -kate

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

that ruffle dress is so gorgeous!