Friday, March 18, 2011

White Out

DSCN3884-1

As I pull together these photos that were taken a mere 10 days ago, I remember the old saying about Michigan: "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes." In this case, it took a tad longer than 10 minutes, but I am currently sitting in my apartment with all of the windows wide open, happily welcoming the balmy 60 degree breezes. So freakin' lovely I can hardly stand it. There are only a few small patches of snow remaining from the mountainous piles that existed only days ago, reminding us how quickly things can change.

On the note of life-altering changes, I am keeping Japan in my prayers these days. And if you wanted to donate something to relief in Japan, but haven't had a chance to do so yet, I've compiled a small list of links for various ways to donate.

American Red Cross

LCMS

Alexis Bittar is donating 100% of proceeds from sales next week 3/21-3/27 to relief in Japan.

Kelly Framel of The Glamourai is donating 10% of sales from her shop to American Red Cross relief.

There are of course many other ways to donate, and I encourage you to do so in any way that you see fit.

DSCN3891
DSCN3904
DSCN3909

Sweater: Christian Dior (Freecycle)
Button Up: Mossimo (Target)
Trousers: Merona (Target)
Boots: Ecco (Von Maur)

No comments: