Saturday, April 23, 2011

IMAG0235
IMAG0233

Last weekend I spent a good chunk of time pulling out my Spring clothes and hastily shoving my winter clothes into a dark corner, hopefully not to be seen again for a long, long time. Of course this means that this entire week has been cold and rainy. I have awesome timing. Also, Life likes to play games with my head.

IMAG0222

I love love this sweater. It's so soft and drapey. But after wearing it only a couple of times last year it developed a hole right in the chest area. I tried to wear it a couple times with something underneath, but I didn't really enjoy wearing a holey sweater. At least I didn't want that sweater to be holey. So last weekend, I also watched a few tutorials on youtube about darning, and sealed up that hole with needle and thread. It didn't turn out quite as well as I would have liked. The repair is noticeable (although not in these pictures), but it looks kind of a like a little logo patch if you aren't really paying attention. Since the vast majority of people aren't really paying too much attention to my clothes, I decided that was good enough.

IMAG0234
IMAG0227

Sweater: H&M
Skirt: ?, Clothing Exchange
Shoes: Mossimo (Target)

2 comments:

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

in love with that oversized shirt, it is adorable!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

She is Sara said...

YES! I love that you like Firefly! One of my favorite short-lived shows :)

I am glad that you fixed this shirt up, it is really pretty!