Monday, May 23, 2011

Inspiration - Perspiration: Outfit Edition

DSCN4725

For those of you who may be as of yet unaware of Cake Wrecks, the woman who writes it occasionally does an Inspiration vs. Perspiration post in which she shows the inspiration for a couple's wedding cake, and the cake that they end up getting from their "professional" baker. It is hilarious and sad all at once, and if you haven't checked out Cake Wrecks before, I can assure you that you will waste hours of your life giggling at that pictures and snark.

DSCN4716

DSCN4733

Feeling a bit lacking in the inspiration department lately, I took to the internets to find some. And find some I did. Not too long ago Steffy of Steffy's Pros and Cons wore this, and as I started to think about how I could translate it with my wardrobe, I was also reminded of this outfit from The Glamourai. So taking these two outfits with similar basic elements but the personal spin of each lady, I created my take on it and here I present to you my own version of Inspiration and Perspiration. Thankfully, I am not a professional, and nobody's wedding will be ruined if I flop miserably. What do you think? Did I do these two lovely ladies justice, or should I hide in shame?

DSCN4737

DSCN4744

DSCN4754

Blouse: Vintage
Skirt: Vintage
Shoes: Aldo
Bag: Betsey Johnson (eBay)
Earrings: Kendra Scott (Gilt)

3 comments:

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

i love the peek of the bright yellow shoes, such a lovely surprise!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

She is Sara said...

Omg that skirt and those heels? You are having the best Spring style lady! :D

StyleID said...

You totally did justice.
awesome outfit; colors beautiful, particularly adoring the pop of yellow.

http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/