Friday, May 20, 2011

Priorities

DSCN4700

I have been a crazy person lately. I don't like to be a crazy person. It just happens sometimes. My latest bout of crazy has been induced by the impending end of my lease and subsequently the need to find a new place and move. I hate moving. And I hate apartment hunting even more. My roommate and I are going our separate ways (she will be graduating from her Masters program soon and could end up anywhere after that), so staying where I am now is not an option. My options were initially narrowed down to two categories. 1) Buckle down into adulthood and buy. 2) Continue renting. With the housing market what it is right now, buying is a very tempting option, and so I started looking. However, I quickly realized that I wasn't comfortable rushing into buying a place and I wasn't rolling in time. So I decided to rent for now while continuing to look for a place to buy. Decision one has been made, awesome. Now my options are further divided into two. 1) Rent a nicer place that has everything I want but is more expensive. 2) Rent a totally adequate place that doesn't quite have everything that I want, but is significantly cheaper. This is the decision that has just about killed me over the last two weeks. And you know what? That is absolutely INSANE. Look closely at those two options again my friends - I am choosing between great and totally decent. No matter what I decide to do, I will have a lovely roof over my head and a place to bathe. This is not life or death. So why so whacked out about it? I have no idea. All I know is that thankfully I got a grip on myself, gave myself a good hard shake and stern talking to, and made the decision to stop being crazy and be thankful that my "hard decisions" are between good and better. I am blessed to have all that I have and I need to start acting like it. Oh, and in case you're wondering, I also decided to go with the less expensive place. It won't have a washer and dryer in the unit and it won't be in the most ideal location for my commute to work, but it will totally suffice while I continue to look for a place to buy and it will allow me to save my money more quickly for a larger down payment.

DSCN4687

DSCN4693

DSCN4689

My friend often insists on taking pictures of my derrière, with or without my knowledge. Obviously, I'm not running to post these pictures online, but I thought I'd give him the satisfaction of having gotten at least one posted. Satisfied?

Jacket: Mike & Chris (Revolve)
Polo: Isaac Mizrahi x Target
Jeans: BDG (Urban Outfitters)
Shoes: Jessica Simpson (TJ Maxx)
Bag: Betsey Johnson (eBay)

3 comments:

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

cute jeans :)

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Midwest Mayhem said...

Love the jeans! Renting a sufficient place while you look for something to buy sounds like the better choice. You'll want to save your money to put into a house that is actually yours!

StyleID said...

Looks like you resolve it all... I found the worse place to be in life is not knowing what to do, once a decision is made, everything thereafter is easier.
I LOVEEEE your pants, they are beautiful, your purse goes perfect with the outfit.

http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/