Saturday, May 14, 2011

Shoes, Toilet Paper, and the Occasional Disappointment

DSCN4609

I tend to be a fairly thrifty person. I grew up in a household where extra was extra and not in the budget. As a result I have no problems with purchasing off brand, no name, super on clearance items. In fact, that's how I shop for the most part. However, there are two items on which I will always be willing to pay more for the good stuff - toilet paper and shoes.

I tend to have sweaty, smelly feet so swathing them in plastic or man made materials only exacerbates the problem. Not to mention, my feet are my foundation. I am on them all day. They carry me to and through everything I have to do and they deserve a little extra attention. So natural materials, whether they be canvas, leather, or satin, etc. are where it's at for me.

The same goes for my bum. It's important to me. I'm willing to pay a little extra to take care of it.

DSCN4670

DSCN4669

DSCN4623

So, you can imagine my disappointment when these shoes fell apart on me. I did get them on sale at TJ Maxx, but at the time that I bought them, what I paid was A LOT of money for me. But they seemed to be of good quality and craftsmanship and I figured they would last me a good long time. Michael Kors, you really let me down on this one.

Shortly after these pictures were taken, I went grocery shopping. While I was loading my groceries into my car, I had the sensation of my foot sinking into the ground. I figured that I'd stepped into some soft tar that's often used to fill cracks in parking lots, but when I looked down, I was on solid ground. After more careful inspection, I realized that it was my heel coming loose from the shoe! I'd only worn these babies out a handful of times. How could they be falling apart?! Getting my groceries home and up into my apartment was interesting and now these shoes are waiting to go to the cobbler. I'm expecting/hoping, that it will only take a bit of shoe gluing to fix them, but I have say that I feel a bit betrayed. I have Target shoes that have suffered more abuse and held up better than these!

I'll just have to be more careful next time I go shoe shopping. You certainly can't trust that a design name/house is always going to put out a quality product. Lesson learned.

DSCN4666

DSCN4658

DSCN4654

DSCN4634

Jacket: New York & Co.
T-shirt: H&M
Skirt: Vintage
Shoes: Michael Kors (TJ Maxx)
Ring: LowLuv x Erin Wasson (Forward)
Belt, Necklace, Bangles, Sunnies, Clutch: Vintage

5 comments:

Natasha said...

I love this outfit so much I absolutely had to add it to one of my pinterest boards!
Too bad about you heel....maybe that's why I dont' buy brand names (ok maybe because I can't stand spending much money...haha)

Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

She is Sara said...

Oh geez poor pretty shoes! I hope they can be repaired! You look amazing though! A true beauty in black & gold!

Midwest Mayhem said...

I've had a few experiences with brand new heels breaking. It's so disappointing, especially after you've spent a lot of money on them!

TheLovelyHunter said...

what a bummer about your glasses! but you still look really cute:) esp love the skirt and sunnies.

sofia

StyleID said...

Love this outfit. Very Chic. The color and pattern of the skirt is gorgeous!
Sorry to hear about your shoes, I love MK but it has happen with other designer's shoes.


http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://www.filomenascloset.com/